Seiko Watch France and Seiko Watch Corporation offer online resources that provide product-related information and services, as well as company news, employment information, and other information related to our business.
The protection of personal data, as well as compliance with privacy and data protection laws and regulations, are important to our organisation and to our affiliates. We want to protect the privacy of our customers, business contacts and employees when we process their information.
This policy only applies to personal data collected through our websites operated by SEIKO or by third parties acting for us and on our behalf as data controllers and further processed for the purposes specified herein. This policy does not apply to personal data collected from offline resources and communications. This policy also does not apply to third-party online resources to which our websites may link, the content or privacy policies of which we do not control.
If you have any questions about this policy or our data collection, use and disclosure practices, please contact us.
In this policy, references to "we", "us", "our" and "SEIKO" generally refer to SEIKO WATCH EUROPE and Seiko Watch Corporation (which may include SEIKO affiliates depending on the context).
Who are we?
Seiko WATCH EUROPE located at 27-29 rue des Poissonniers, 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine and Seiko Watch Corporation located at 26-1, Ginza 1-chome, Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-8118, Japan will act as data controllers and process your personal data collected through our websites.
Collection of your personal data
We collect personal data online through our websites. People can access many parts of our websites without providing personal data. If you contact us and choose to provide your personal data, such as your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address, by filling in forms or data fields on our websites and by corresponding with us, we will collect and use this personal data.
When you visit our websites, we automatically collect information about your computer or other electronic device, which may include your IP address, the date and time of your request, and information provided by tracking technology, such as cookies.
Why we collect, use and share your personal data
We process your personal data as permitted or required by applicable laws, for the following purposes:
- to (i) sell SEIKO products and services to you, (ii) bill you for SEIKO products and services that you have requested, (iii) deliver SEIKO products and services to you, (iv) provide online membership and (v) perform SEIKO's obligations under a contract to which you are a party (collectively, the "Performance Purposes")
- to (i) provide you with promotional information about SEIKO products and services, (ii) conduct promotional activities (including various prize draws and membership services) for you, (iii) invite you to participate in promotional events, (iv) invite you to participate in surveys and market research activities, and (v) analyse your interests in order to improve SEIKO's products and services (collectively "Marketing Purposes")
- to respond to your request ("contact request")
- to comply with and assert our rights and perform our obligations under applicable laws
We process your personal data for performance, marketing and contact purposes based on your consent. If we publish your opinions and photos on our website, we will only publish information that is consistent with this policy having obtained your consent. We may also process your personal data to comply with and assert our rights and perform our obligations under applicable laws.
You can also refuse to provide us with your personal data. However, if you do not provide your data, it may affect your use of the website or certain features of our websites may not work fully.
Sharing your personal data with third parties
Your personal data is intended for us but may be shared with third parties in certain circumstances:
SEIKO Group Affiliates: SEIKO may share your personal data with companies affiliated with the SEIKO group in order to administer SEIKO's services and products, provide you with customer support, process payments, understand your preferences, send you product information and services that may be of interest to you and to carry out the other activities described in this policy.
Service providers: We use other companies, agents or contractors to perform services on our behalf or to assist us in providing SEIKO services and products to you. We may share personal data with the following categories of service providers:
- SEIKO distributors
- IT infrastructure and service providers, including for email archiving
- Marketing, advertising and communication agencies
- Credit reference agencies
- Accountants and other advisers
In the course of providing these services, these service providers may have access to your personal data. However, we will only provide our service providers with the personal data necessary to perform their services, and we ask them to refrain from using your information for any other purpose. We do our utmost to ensure that all of our service providers keep your personal data secure.
Legally authorised third parties: In certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (for example, we may be required to disclose personal data to the police, regulators, government agencies or to judicial or administrative authorities).
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties where disclosure is both legally permitted and necessary to protect or defend our rights, matters of national security, law enforcement, to comply with our contracts, or to protect your rights or those of the public.
Third parties related to business transfers: We may transfer your personal data to third parties in connection with a reorganisation, restructuring, merger or acquisition or transfer of assets, provided that the receiving party agrees to process your personal data in a manner consistent with this policy.
We will not sell your personal data to third parties.
Please note that our websites may from time to time contain links to and from the websites of our business contacts or our affiliates. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we have no control over how they may use your personal data. You should check the privacy policies of any third party websites before submitting personal data to them.
Transfer of personal data outside of your country
Your personal data may be transferred to and be processed outside of the country where you are located by SEIKO group affiliate companies and our service providers. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is processed securely and in accordance with this policy and applicable data protection laws, including, where European data protection law applies, by entering into standard contractual clauses (or equivalent measures) with any party located outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Protection of your personal data
We have complied rigorously with the rules for processing personal data, depending on its sensitivity, as well as implementing technical and organisational security measures to protect the personal data in our possession from any access, disclosure, alteration or unauthorised destruction.These measures include administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, such as limiting access to personal data to only authorised employees and service providers who need to know such information for the purposes described in this policy.
Protection of children's privacy
Our website may offer optional features for children under 16, and may collect personal information about children. When we offer these features, we ask for parents' names and contact details to ensure verifiable parental consent is obtained prior to any collection, use or disclosure of children's personal data.
Customers under the age of 16 must inform their parents that their consent is required to process their personal information, they must show them this policy, provide the name and contact details of their parents and obtain their consent to the processing of their personal information.
You have the following rights, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations:
- Access.You have the right to obtain confirmation from us as to whether or not your personal data is being processed and, if so, to request access to such data. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data being processed.
- Correction.You have the right to obtain the correction of incomplete or inaccurate personal data that we process about you.
- Deletion.You have the right to ask us to delete the personal data we process about you, except where we are not obliged to do so if we need to retain such data to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Restriction.You have the right to restrict our processing of your personal data where you believe that such data is inaccurate, that our processing is unlawful or that we no longer need to process such data for a particular purpose, unless we are not in able to delete the data because of a legal or other obligation or because you do not want us to delete it.
- Portability.You have the right to obtain the personal data which we hold about you, in a structured electronic format, and to transmit this data to another data controller, where it concerns (1) personal data which you provided, and (2) if we are processing that personal data based on your consent or to fulfil a contract with you.
- Objection.Where the legal grounds for our processing of your personal data is our legitimate interest, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your particular circumstances. We will comply with your request, unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we must continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal action.
- Withdrawal of Consent.If you have consented to us processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge. This includes if you wish to not receive marketing messages.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please see the following Contact information before getting in touch. For privacy and security reasons, we may require proof of your identity or additional information before we can respond to your request where the information available to us is insufficient to respond to your request. We will strive to provide the requested information or make the requested changes in accordance with applicable laws.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the local data protection regulator in accordance with applicable laws if you believe that we have failed to comply with applicable data protection laws.
If you are based in another EEA country or if the issue you wish to complain about took place elsewhere in the EEA, a list of local data protection authorities in EEA countries is available here :
Retention period of your personal data
We generally retain personal data for as long as reasonably necessary for the specific business purpose(s) for which it was collected and for the duration of your use of our websites. In some cases, we may be required to retain information for a longer period under laws or regulations that apply to our business. Where possible, we strive to anonymise information or remove unnecessary identifiers from records that we may retain beyond the initial retention period. Once the personal data is no longer needed, we delete or anonymise it as soon as possible.
Click here for any inquiries about this policy or our privacy practices.
If you choose to make a request online, we will collect your personal information, including your email address, name and address, and use it to respond to your request. If you agree to the collection and use of your personal information, please read this policy, tick the consent box in the "Online information requests" section below and click the button. You can then send us an email using our email address for information requests.
Please note that, depending on the nature of your request, we may disclose your personal information to our affiliated operating company that is responsible for the relevant products or advertising, so that that company can respond to your request.
SEIKO WATCH EUROPE - Personal Information Requests
Tel: 03 81 54 24 99
Monday to Thursday from 9.30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday from 9.30 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 4.30 p.m.
We may update this policy from time to time. We reserve the right to change, add or remove parts of this policy. If we decide to change this policy, we will display a notification on the home page of this website.
This policy was last updated on 14/12/2022.